Friday, July 01, 2005

Happy Canada Day!

Since some of Knitting In Public's readers happen to be Canadian, I thought it right that on Canada Day, I write aboot their lovely country.

Some Americans may brush Canada off as "America Junior", or simply imaginary. However, I'm here to say thats simply not true. Canada has lots of things to offer, like maple syrup and moose!

If I wanted to say the sentence "Would you please pass me a serviette, I spilled my poutine on my ottoman" without everyone looking at me like I was insane where would I go?

Canada!

If I wanted it to be winter all year round where would I go?

Canada!

If I wanted to wear jodhpurs without getting beat up where would I go?

Canada!

If I wanted to marry a chick where would I go?

Canada!

If I wanted spell things wrong like 'favourite', 'neighbour', 'cheque' and 'centre' where would I go?

Canada! (and the rest of the english speaking world...you'd think they'd get it by now)

And lets not forget French Canada! Parce-que les autres sont stupide.

So lets hear it for Canada!

Until Later, eh?

Sondra

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And if you want to visit Canada, you know who you can call on!

Unknown said...

If you want REAL beer, where can you go?

CANADA!