Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Tin Box

For the past few years, I have been keeping a tin box of things to remember.

Things from all over the world, things from all sorts of different people. Things that have no value at all to others, but hold infinite value to me.

All in this little tin box.

I need a bigger little tin box.

It holds things like this:

Wrapping paper from birthdays, postcards, practice love letters, notes, photos, dinosaurs, pins and balloons to name a few.

This note made me laugh out loud:


(outside of note) Hello! My name is: NOTE

Sondrafriendvich-
This book was at once true, hillarious and positively deck. I thank you for sharing it's wonderfulness with me, you crazy tassel. I especially love the crazy words. I can actually speak the language. It is too bad I can't except to you, 'hipspeak' buddy. Oh! And...I have no attention span. (In case you have not noticed) I also have a solution to us not having a class together: we should make our own subject, get someone cool to teach, like no one. Then invite all the deck cronkites to drop Math and join us.

(side drawing) Choosing a look: Sondravich stick figure: Is this style Deck or Fin?

(Answer: This style is deck.)

I must go because my leg has decided to take a nap; it was up all night partying.

Much Love,

Meg

I couldn't believe I had kept that for all those years. I'm glad I did.


Realization:

I love mail.

Contrivance:

I shall go buy a bunch of stamps and colorful pens and start writing and sending letters.

Until Later,

Sondra




p.s. today kate and i got lost in webster park for two hours. who knew it was so big?

4 comments:

meg said...

it is not. you just can't navigate.


:D

Sondra said...

so true.

however, it was fun anyways.

kate kept on trying to freak me out by yelling "AHH! A HOMICIDAL HOBO!!!"

silly kate. that only worked once. ;)

we were so lost we ended up wandering until we saw houses so we could cut across lawns and find out where we were.

it was in the middle of a paved suburbian street we saw three deer, not the park.

the park had one very lovely half naked jogging guy though.

Anonymous said...

Hoy, you should try walking for 6 hours through the mountains, thats a panic...
almost literally

also - so thats where all the dinosaurs went! in your tin box!

Sondra said...

yes, the answer question that has baffled scientists for centuries...

until now.

it would also help explain the roaring that comes from my closet.