Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Spoooooon!

The long lost Donnas song that didn't quite make the cut while recording:

Baby, Baby get me a spoooooon,

These ovaries I’m digging out soooooon.

Every month I go insa-ane,

Don’t get too close or I’ll kick and maim.

Gone through a whole box of Midol,

And chocolate bars are my idol.

Baby, Baby get me a spoooooon,

These ovaries I’m digging out soooooon.


---

And... I guess I should get this done sometime so here I go:

Tagged by the unprecedented Meg

List five songs that you are currently digging... it doesn't matter what genre they are from, whether they have words, or even if they're no good but they must be songs you're really enjoying right now. Post these instructions, the artists, and the five songs in your blog. Then tag five other people to see what they're listening to.

1. "DJ"- (swedish) Death Polka
2. "Palin' With Al"- The Squirrel Nut Zippers
3. "Elle Aime"- Albin de la Simone and feist
4. "Coin Operated Boy"- The Dresden Dolls
5. "Ode To Divorce"- Regina Spektor

Tag: This tag stops here! Go ahead if you like, but I'm not going to bother tagging anyone else.

Ow... I am off to the store to pick up some ice cream. Ben and Jerry will keep me company as I spend the rest of the day in my ducky pajama pants and watch Lawrence of Arabia.

I have a plan to waste the entire day and it is a lovely one.

Until Later,

Sondra

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, i have heard of none of those songs, and none of those artists...
and i have pretty diverse musical tastes

Sondra said...

really? none?

most are just random bands...like (swedish) death polka I know through a friend of a friend.

The Dresden Dolls are getting a few blurbs here and there, I saw one review in Rolling Stone once. And The Squirrel Nut Zippers were pretty big in the 90's when swing was comming back.

I wouldn't worry though, I listen to obscure music anyways.

Anonymous said...

If you like obscure bands and "death polka" i bet you'd like The Plaid Tongued Devils. They're a band from Calgary, but I liked them before i found that out. They describe their genre as like "klezmer/polka/folk/rock"
Check out "When Jesus started drinking" its a great song with only slightly questionable content.
Its totally clean, but just very odd choice of something to write about!

Unknown said...

And here you had me all excited because I thought you were going to make a wicked "The Tick" reference.

meg said...

hahaha! "DJ." it is good when french canadians rip off the chorus of and ex-spice girl's song. you wouldn't think so... but it totally is. who is #3? is that someone from your POP CD?

?

Sondra said...

Yup, it's from le pop en duo. great cd.

meg said...

burn it!