Friday, January 20, 2006

no lions and tigers or bears yet

I had the strangest dream last night.

I dreamt I was in Paris again, right near the Eiffel Tower. Its that large open space where you could take pictures and venders come at you and snap open a string of post cards.

In the dream, the Eiffel Tower was much closer, and was a sort of ferris wheel instead. I was with this couple. I'm pretty sure the girl was Indian. There was some kind of thing going on where they kind of had to get away from the group to meet. They took a ride up on the ferris wheel/eiffel tower. They were thrilled with it, it was all terribly happy-go-lucky. Suddenly, water rushes through the street behind us. It's strange though, because the street doesn't actually exsist there. On the other side of the stree in fact is a suburb of my town.

I think- We must get to the shelter. The idea of 'the shelter' was very familiar to me, because I'm pretty sure I've dreamt of the whole water-rushing through the streets of Paris/Webster before. Odd.

So we walk towards the shelter and I'm no longer with the couple but Meg and Jessie instead. We get there, but 'the shelters' are basically horse stalls with people living in them. They're all crowded so we go to the main stall to ask the woman there if there is anymore room. She suggests we try the one next to her. In that shelter, there are only three other girls. They're maybe middle school or high school age, slightly obnoxious but we have no other choice but to stay there. We start talking to them, and they seem pretty cool after all.

One mentions that we don't seem like normal american tourists and so Meg says- "Yeah, we've been here before. We're done with all of the touristy type things."

We all laugh and thats the end of the dream.

Very odd indeed.

Until Later,

Sondra

No comments: