Monday, April 24, 2006

where it's at

Today was such a great day. It was a lot of work, but that meant a lot of work was turned in or presented.

I finished up my interview paper, and sent it to the interviewee. I was so pleased that she loved the paper, it’s a bit nerve racking to write about someone else’s experiences. I mean, she was there, not me.

I’ve been so impressed with what my interviewee does for a living, I’m hoping to get a summer job working for her. It may be simply be making copies or bringing coffee without pay, but I think the experience would be so phenomenal. If it turns out that this is what I’d want to do for a living, wouldn’t that be fantastic?

My two presentations seemed to go well too, and although I tripped up a bit, I think everything went fine. It’s just nice to get that out of the way.

I got a care package from my church to day as well, which was quite pleasing to my beady little PMS-y eyes. What can I say, God loves me!

I also had dinner with my future roomie, and we discovered our mutual propensity for quoting movies. “Endorphins make you happy…happy people don’t kill their husbands.”

I feel much better now all of this work is out of the way. Now I can relax, turn on the fake news and finish my psychology homework.

Until Later,

Sondra

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

... u want to make copies and bring coffee for a living??

Sondra said...

Ah, I did forget to mention what I'd be doing.

She's a consultant for organizational development, which means she goes into companies and works on ways to improve communication between upper management and it's workers (especially workers who are female and/or not caucasian). What better than doing social justice for an internship?

Anonymous said...

competitive money hoarding?