Thursday, May 18, 2006

novocaine in the morning

So I went to the dentist today for a filling. In comes the novocaine and now I can't feel half my face.

I guess I wasn't fully aware of how much the right side of my face isn't working. As I walked out and tried not to drool as I paid the receptionist, a dental hygienist walked by, smiled at me, I smiled back. She just laughed and walked by. When I got back to the car, I looked in the rear view mirror and found out that this is the smile I gave her:

Nice, Huh? Whats even creepier is that even the muscles around my right eye are hard to move because of the novocaine as well, so one eye gives this- "MUST KILL" kind of look. Really, this is as much as I can smile.

How will anyone know when I'm happy?

If this isn't a warning against botox, I don't know what is. It's not nice to not be able to move/feel your face. So don't inject toxins into it, people.

It's actually kind of reminiscent of an Elvis grin. See the freakish resemblance?

Elvis

Not Elvis


.

.

.

.

.

.

..

.

.

Now hopefully my face can stop feeling funky now.

Until Later,

Sondra

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

eek! too much flash!
if i had photoshop installed i'd fix it for you!